Despite all negative associations I still like word “biohacker” and I sympathize with people thinking about all kinds of bioengineering. We have already tools and data to “biohack” in silico (just to mention 17-years old developing model for identyfing cancer patients), while technology for home-based experiments will knock to our doors very soon.
Hackers have already an emblem, which actually I incorporated in the biohacker logo. However, I thought that it would be nice to have our own, just to indicate in which area we “hack” stuff. So, by displaying this logo one would express a sympathy with hackers’ attitide:
- The world is full of fascinating problems waiting to be solved.
- No problem should ever have to be solved twice.
- Boredom and drudgery are evil.
- Freedom is good.
- Attitude is no substitute for competence.
- applied to a bioengineering field.
- If you like the idea, maybe we can together write “How to become a biohacker” guide?